Thursday, August 03, 2006

About the reading...

I think it's safe to say the reading was a success. Every seat in the room was filled. There were even a few people lingering at the back and near the door, a couple sitting outside the room, listening. I had a great time, and really enjoyed listening to all of the poets read.

My husband came along and helped me get set up. He also ran out to get the coffee at the very last minute so it would stay hot throughout the reading. And, though he didn't plan to, he ended up taking all the pictures. After I went up to the podium to make my opening remarks and to introduce the first poet, I turned to go back to me seat near the book table and realized -- I can't get through. So I took the only empty chair -- at the front of the room -- and that's where I stayed, only getting up between poets. I read bio's and statements on place as introductions (the statements really are interesting to read, if you haven't already read them).

Click on the header above to view the photos on the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment