Tuesday, October 17, 2006

All Acceptances/Rejections Sent

Well, I've now officially sent out all the rejections and acceptances.

Sending out rejections is the part I like least. In fact, I dread it, because I know what it's like to be on the receiving end. I held on to a lot of poems for a long time because it took some serious deliberation for me to come to a decision, and even then there were some I was sorry to let go. I received far more poems responding to paintings than anything else, but all in all, those I accepted represent a variety of works of art, including dance, music, sculpture, and assemblage, alongside a range of paintings by well-known as well as little-known artists. One of the most exciting things for me, in putting together this issue, has been my own education: I've learned something about art from each and every submission.

The next issue that I have planned will focus on formal verse, so get ready to send me your best sestinas, villanelles, pantoums, etcetera... whatever you've got, send it in -- but not yet! I need to give my head a rest, and get to work putting the issue into final form!

No comments:

Post a Comment