Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Updates, and Male/Female Ratio

In my travels around the web searching for all things Poemeleon, I found a post in a poetry-discussion forum saying how much they like the journal, but wondering why the 80/20 ratio of female to male poets.

Well, the answer is pretty simple. I don't get enough submissions from men.

I am not biased in any way, and would prefer it be more balanced. But of course, it's the quality of the work that counts -- I'm not going to publish junk just to include more men. That would be wrong for so many different, but obvious, reasons.

Now that the ekphrastic issue is live, I am going to take a breather and focus on the looming holiday, turning my attention again to Poemeleon, and to the form issue, after the first of the year.

The submission deadline for the next issue is the last day of February.

Also, I am going to host another Poemeleon reading next summer. More than likely it will again be in July at the Riverside Art Museum. I am hoping to include contributors from both the form issue and the ekphrastic issue, with contributors' books available for purchase. Something to look forward to...! I'll keep you posted as things progress.

Hope you are all having a wonderful holiday. I'll be back online after the New Year.

Cati

No comments:

Post a Comment